Useful Links

Regulatory Bodies

Environment Agency

Environment Agency - Discharge Consent

If you want to discharge sewage or trade effluent directly into surface water, such as rivers, streams, canals, groundwater or the sea you will almost certainly need to apply for a discharge consent or 'consent to discharge'.

Local Authority Building Control

British Board of Agrément

The BBA is the UK’s major authority offering approval of construction products, systems and installers.
(.pdf) the Agrément Certificate for Allerton sewage treatment units (certificate No 05/4264 )
You will need Adobe acrobat to read this file.

General Interest

Wikipedia : sewage treatment

The dummies guide (.pdf): A basic, easy to understand, guide that covers the different types of treatment plant, considerations to assess in making a decision and consent information.
You will need Adobe acrobat to read this file.

Associated companies

Allerton UK

K Drainage


Mark Watts Drainage is a Sussex based company. We are happy to undertake work in Kent, Sussex and Surrey.

Please call us or email us using the contact page for a site inspection and quotation.

Phone: 01273 812 331

Mobile: 07990 553 747